Wishing all Mothers, Grandmothers, Foster Mothers, Step Mothers, Mother in-law and Godmothers a Happy Mother’s Day.
We asked our staff what there Mothers meant to them and this is what some of them had to say…
– My mom is my rock. She has the most gentle and supportive soul. To have someone that is always there when you need them, who is not only the best mom but the best oumi to her grandchildren, is a true blessing.
Taryn Liley, Spa Manager
– My mom has shaped me into the person I am today. She taught me to love, respect and appreciate what you have. She will always be my role model and friend.
Jacques Thyssen, Guest Experience Manager
– I really thank the Lord for my mum. She is comforting, gives the best advice and is the glue that holds our family together.
Seidu Yakubu, Night auditor
– I’m grateful to have such a wonderful mama! I appreciate how she is always open for new challenges and I have learnt so much about life from her.
Paulina Piuhola, In-service trainee
– When I left Korea 10 years ago to come to South Africa, my mother gave me a four-leaf clover she’d picked in a field. She folds an origami whenever she thinks of me or misses me, and keeps all of them in a glass jar to remind herself of me.She prays every morning before dawn, wishing me well. Because of all her wishes, I have become who I am today. I can’t thank her enough, and am so grateful that she’s my mom.
Hoon Kim, Head concierge
– What does my mom mean to me? The world – and even more! She’s the strongest woman I know. Leandri Ras, Assistant Spa Manager
And what one mother has to say about her son…
– My son held my hand for a little while, while he was growing up, but he will hold my heart for a lifetime. He makes my life worthwhile.
Ronethea Daniels, Hotel Trainer
copyright © Cape Grace 2013