Nowhere is Spring more spectacular than in the Cape and Signal Restaurant uses this season’s freshest ingredients for its new menu, starting tomorrow!
Drawing on Executive Chef Malika van Reenen’s Cape Malay heritage, she has incorporated fragrant herbs and spices to create dishes like the bobotie-spiced springbok loin with parsnip puree, spiced mango pickle and almond crumble – which won the Master of the Trade Route competition hosted by the V&A Waterfront. Another winner is the Dinner Menu’s grilled prawns with green risotto and mango foam, which bagged the Orbit Best Dish title at this year’s Taste of Cape Town.
Our menus offer relaxed dining and incorporate many of your favourite dishes. Lunch offers a ‘Fast and Fresh’ selection with delicious salads and lighter meals. ‘Midday Mains’ offers easy dining in the form of the club sandwich, malay-spiced chicken pita and traditional fish and chips. We also serve “manly meals” like the 21 day extra matured chalmar beef and the BBQ beef burger. And if you don’t have too much time on your hands, you can just pop in for a quick and tasty toasted sandwich.
A la Carte starters include:
- portobello mushroom tart with red onion marmalade and sheep’s milk yoghurt mousse
- springbok tataki and tartar with goat’s cheese, asparagus and pickled shiitake mushrooms.
Main Course includes:
- soy-glazed and seared salmon trout with wasabi-creamed potato, salmon caviar and lime
- confit lamb shoulder served with butternut tortellini and mild malay curried jus
- truffled celery risotto paired with goat’s cheese croquettes and pickled beetroot
For guests preferring their food a little simpler in design, we offer both a ‘Plain and Simple’ and an ‘On the Side’ selection where you decide what you’d like to eat, with what accompaniments.
The ending is sweet:
- try grown-up pimms ‘jelly and custard’
- pina colada parfait with white rum granite
- truly decadent fondant soufflé tartlet with salted caramel crème, nyangbo cremeux, amaretto ice cream and coffee granite!
Signal is open daily for breakfast 6am–11am, lunch 12noon–3pm and dinner 6.30pm–10pm. Booking is advised for breakfast and dinner. Tel +27 21 410 7080 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org