With the annual Cap Classique & Champagne Festival in Franschhoek fast approaching we thought it’d be fun to pair an array of South African Methode Cap Classique options with carefully designed and executed dishes from Signal Restaurant’s Executive Chef, Malika van Reenen.
Below are Malika’s suggestions and all are available on our current dinner menu:
- Graham beck Demi Sec N/V paired with the Salad of caramelised aubergine, chickpeas, roasted peppers, candied lemon peel and miso cream cheese. (Vegetarian)
- Teddy Hall Blanc de Blanc 2005 is best served with Pimm’s jelly, mint Bavarian crème, strawberry coulis, and strawberry sorbet. (Vegetarian)
- Silverthorn Genie N/V accompanied by poached prawn, citrus soy, toasted coriander and lemon cured salmon, horseradish crème fraîche.
- Colmant Brut N/V served with freshly shucked oysters.
- High Constantia Clos Andre But 2008 is best paired with scallops wrapped in black forest ham, cauliflower puree, charred corn and ham veloute.
- Nederburg NLH Sparkling 2001 really complements the flavours of the saffron citrus crème, crunchy almond streusel and fennel ice cream.
Next time you visit Signal Restaurant; bring this list with you and be assured you’ll have one of the most enjoyable – and tasty – experiences to date!