We posed our General Manager, Nigel Pace, ten questions about Christmas:
1. What will you be doing on Christmas day?
Having brunch at home with close friends. I never make big plans for Christmas since it is never holiday time for me!
2. What is your favourite Christmas meal? Will you be having it this year?
Turkey with all the trimmings is still the only way to go. Since this year will be a brunch affair for me, it is likely to involve panettone, bacon sandwiches, a large cheese platter and lots of bubbly.
3. What TV programmes do you love to watch during the Christmas holidays?
I’m a big follower of the English Premier League and the Christmas period is always the most exciting part of the season.
4. What do you hope you’ll be getting for Christmas?
As much wine as possible; there are lots of empty spaces in my cellar at home.
5. What do you hope you WON’T be getting for Christmas?
More wine opener/stopper gift sets. I always prefer opening a bottle of wine with a trusty old ‘waiter’s friend’ and as for bottle stoppers, leaving an unfinished bottle of wine is very poor form indeed!
6. What is your fondest Christmas memory?
My parents hauling the big Christmas tree box out of our garage and putting the same old tree up with my sisters – year in year out.
7. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
I have worked on New Year’s Eve for the past 20 years or so. I do find the whole night a bit over-rated. But if you’re in the mood for celebrating, I’d highly suggest you join us at Bascule Whisky, Wine and Cocktail Bar for a night to remember!
8. If you could escape from work over the festive period, where would you go?
As far away as possible from anything tourism related.
9. How do you relax?
Quietly at home with my wife, my dogs and my iPad …. In that order of priority of course!
10. Tell us something about you we don’t know about you.
When I was a kid I could complete the Rubik Cube in less than two minutes! I was given one recently and I can only remember how to complete one side of it!
Do you have any questions for our General Manager?