“What’s your favourite whisky?” This question is asked of me more times than I’d like to mention. Rightfully I suppose; it befits my position, but people……. it’s really tough to answer!
Instead of my one favourite dram, I would rather introduce you to my Personal Top 5 and the occasions that match these dear whiskies (in no particular order):
1. Highland Park 12: ‘Every day after work’ good day or bad day, this exquisitely balanced dram says; “Relax…. Enjoy… Put your feet up”.
2. Johnnie Walker Black: Easy drinking blend, which I can easily share with whisky drinkers and non-whisky drinkers (most of my friends….).
3. Lagavulin 16: A deep, bold, beautiful whisky, to be shared with whisky enthusiasts, over deep conversations and meaningful nights with close friends or lovers.
4. Laphroaig Quarter Cask: This big “peaty” whisky is, for me, one to enjoy alone, especially on a cold winter’s night. As a real treat, pair it with Gorgonzola. It kicks wine and cheese to the curb!
5. Glenmorangie 18: You want smooth? This elegant Highland whisky is just that! After dinner, with some Lindt Milk Chocolate, this sexy whisky is well worth the wait.
And, you can enjoy all of these at Bascule. So come on over.