Valentine’s Day is an age old tradition celebrated across the world, whether you love it or not, 14 February is here to stay – let us embrace it!
With Cape Town being named one of the Places to visit in 2014 by The New York Times, Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to tick some items off your bucket list and experience what the Mother City has to offer.
Below we have listed the Top 5 most romantic things to do:
1. Sunset Cableway Trip, Table Mountain: With longer days and even more beautiful sunsets, the Cableway now has an incredible offer just for YOU! From 6 January until 28 February 2014, return *tickets for both adults and children can be purchased at half-price at the Cableway’s ticket office from 18h00.
*The tickets are R107.50 for adults and R52.50 for children.
2. Dinner and an (open-air) Movie – the epiphany of Romance (and every proper chick-flick): Celebrate your love in an informal setting; imagine snuggling up under a blanket, eating delicious treats and watching a movie – with the open skies as your venue! Various open-air cinemas have been seen popping up around her, contact Galileo for details on their offerings.
3. Horse riding in Noordhoek: What is more romantic than a scenic horse-back ride with your loved one? (We suggest asking your better half about this excursion.) Enjoy either a beach or bush ride with Sleepy Hollow Horse Riding in Noordhoek. Contact them for more info.
4. Fine-Dining in Cape Town: Cape Town is one of the most sought after Foodie destinations with award-winning fine-dining restaurants around each and every corner. Book a table for two at Signal Restaurant, named as one of the Top 101 Hotel Restaurants in the World. Signal will be launching its NEW Tasting Menu, Boasting the incredible wines of Delheim, perfectly paired with Executive Chef – Malika van Reenen’s dishes – on Valentine’s Day. Come and enjoy!
5. A Ride on the Cape Wheel: If you have visited the V&A Waterfront, you will be familiar with the Wheel of Excellence or better known as the Cape Wheel! Treat your loved one with a 20minute ride before celebrating Valentine’s Day with a walk through the Waterfront and dinner. For more information, contact them directly.
Which of these adventures have you booked for Valentine’s Day?
copyright © Cape Grace 2013