Remember when you were young and your mom used to say those things that you swore you’d never repeat to your own children? Ironically, I bet you’ve found that your mom had a reason for saying those things as you start saying them to your own kids!
Here are our top 10:
1. Why? Because I SAID SO – that’s why!
2. Money doesn’t grow on trees
3. If Jimmy jumps into a fire, will you jump into the fire too?
4. If you’re too full to finish your dinner, you’re too full for dessert.
5. I’m going to give you until the count of three…
6. You’ll understand when you’re older
7. Don’t go out with a wet head, you’ll catch a cold.
8. There’s enough dirt in those ears to grow potatoes!
9. Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?
10. When I was your age, I had to walk ten kilometres through the rain, uphill, by myself, to go to school. Now stop whining!
Any we’ve missed? Leave your mom’s sayings in the comments below!