Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature’s recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life
……….says Jungle Book’s Baloo the Bear
Spring has sprung, so here are our Top 5 ‘bare necessities’ for the start of a new season:
- Open the windows, pull up the blinds and spring-clean your house (and don’t forget to spring clean your mind at the same time).
- Plant some colourful flowers and herbs; these will not only make your garden look pretty, but will make your food taste great too.
- Take a trip up the West Coast to marvel at the flowers and breathe in the fresh spring air.
- Have a picnic in Kirstenbosch Gardens or dinner and concert at Silvertree Restaurant.
- Buy a new recipe book and braai something you haven’t tried before.