It’s Heritage Day on 24 September, otherwise known as National Braai Day! Here are our top 5 braai equipment gift ideas to please the braai-master…
1. Beer koosie. Those wrap-around sleeves that keep cans cold come in rainbow colours or customised.
2. My apron says “Domestic Goddess” and has a body to match. What does yours say?
3. What’s the one piece of braai equipment you can never find when you need it? A lighter of course! Get a really big one – it’s harder to lose.
4. Instant braai – just open the lid and light it up wherever you are. Namchar claim it’ll be ready to cook in 15 mins; what more could you want when you’ve got a big round of Boerewors that needs eating?
5. A cookbook filled to the brim with braai recipes – and whose better than Lannice Snyman’s Braai in Style – the complete South African outdoor cookbook? It has sold over 100 000 copies and will help you come up with a new take on some old favourites.
So, what are your plans for tomorrow? Why not join us at Bascule for our Braai Day and Boat Show festivities and celebrate the Boks’ victory!