When camping goes glam it becomes “glamping”! Here are our top five glamping spots, which coincidentally feature three in the beautiful area of the Elgin Hills:
- Old Mac Daddy: You’ve heard about the Silverstreem trailer park on top of the Grand Daddy Hotel, but down on the farm in Grabouw you can go glamping at the Old Mac Daddy trailer hotel – and stay in funky trailers each fitted with unique and outrageous decor.
- Elgin Hills Tented Camp: It’s always nice to camp near a river and these Elgin Hills en-suite tents with double or queen beds have 7km of Palmiet River frontage where you can enjoy cruises on their barge. Cached - Similar
- Buttonquail Camp: This delightful and secret private nature reserve has beautiful walk-in en-suite tents also beside the Palmiet River in the Elgin valley, with a fully equipped self-catering mess tent. Get the details here.
- Dwyka Tented Lodge: This is a top quality luxury safari tented camp near Barrydale in the Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, with private plunge pools and king beds in a dramatic Karoo ravine surrounded by awe-inspiring rock formations.
- Orange Kloof Tented Camp: Not so very long ago, Table Mountain National Park erected some fabulous tented camps in various parts of the reserve from Table Mountain to Cape Point. Amongst them is Orange Kloof Camp in the Afromontane forest of Hout Bay. Mattress, ablutions and an equipped kitchen are supplied, you bring the rest and relax in paradise. Check availability out now.