It’s almost upon us and if you’re thinking of doing something different this year, have a look at our list of Christmas gift ideas:
- Pop onto the BBC Good Food website to see their selection of edible goodies – everything from baked goods, chutneys and preserves to homemade chocolates and truffles.
- The November (and December) edition of Ideas Magazine is a real treat for those who love to get crafty with gifting. This magazine contains endless ideas for handmade Christmas gifts – choose from emergency beauty kits to laptop covers, gifts for the Cook in your life and even a hand-made mouse pad for dad!
- Instead of your friends and family purchasing a gift for you, ask them to become a ‘Guardian Angel’ and sponsor an abandoned animal or child at a charity or foundation in your area. Sometimes all it takes is a mere R50.
- Handmade Christmas gifts for the pets? Bake home-made biscuits for your pet pooch and those of your friends and family; or make up a jar or cellophane bag with the ingredients already measured and the recipe attached. Google ‘homemade dog biscuits’ for a wonderful selection of recipes.
- Join the FoodBank Festive Season Drive. Just SMS the word ‘Foodbank’ to 40421 from now until 31 January 2012 and you’ll donate R20 which helps feed 12 fellow South African’s. Visit www.foodbank.org.za for more details.
Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful and peaceful Festive Season!