July is about culture and laughter – a wonderful combination, and here are our Top 5 Shows to inspire and humour you:
1. 2-7 July: Vodacom Funny Festival at the Baxter is always good for a lot of laughs.
2. Throughout July: Defending the Caveman is on at the Theatre on the Bay and features funny man Alan Committee in this ever-popular show. Have you seen it? Would you recommend it?
3. 4-8 July: The Imperial Russian Ballet at the Baxter shows us why they are one of the world’s leading ballet companies.
4. From 5-8 July: There is no dance company that better explores what the body can do in the form of dance than our local Jazzart Dance Theatre. But this time they have invited other dance schools, groups, companies and projects to showcase their talent in a fundraising festival of dance at the Artscape.
5. 11-29 July: Burn the Floor at the Artscape is ballroom reinvented with passion, drama and sizzling excitement of 20 gorgeous champion ballroom & latin dancers in an electric performance.