Mothers. Where would we be without them? As the month of celebrating Mother’s Day comes to an end, we thought we’d end off on a high note with some of the top famous quotes about moms.
1) “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” ~ Stevie Wonder
2) “My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart – a heart so large that everybody’s joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation.” ~ Mark Twain
3) “The mother is everything – she is our consolation in sorrow, our hope in misery, and our strength in weakness. She is the source of love, mercy, sympathy, and forgiveness. He who loses his mother loses a pure soul who blesses and guards him constantly.” ~ Khalil Gibran
4) “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. I attribute all my success in my life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her.” ~ George Washington
5) And finally, a famous quote about mothers from D. H. Lawrence ~ “She is my first, great love. She was a wonderful, rare woman – you do not know; as strong, and steadfast, and generous as the sun. She could be as swift as a white whiplash, and as kind and gentle as warm rain, and as steadfast as the irreducible earth beneath us.”
If you could quote something special about your mom, what would it be?