Corks popped when the winners of the Amorim Tsogo Sun Méthode Cap Classique Challenge were announced recently, and there were five producers who swept the carpet:
Come and taste some of them at Cape Grace and while you’re at it pair your bubbles with some of our tantalising food. Here are our suggestions for Top 5 Food & Bubbles Pairings at Cape Grace:
1. A champagne brunch from the Signal Lunch Menu: poached egg, grilled asparagus, parma ham and hollandaise sauce on a toasted croissant (R95).
2. Keep the combo simple from the Signal Dinner Menu and enjoy bubbles with giant tiger prawns (R345) or seared Norwegian salmon (R120).
3. The Bascule terrace overlooking the yacht basin is the perfect summer venue for sipping Cap Classique matched with delectable tapas like; freshly shucked oysters with red onion vinaigrette (R60), prawns in buttery curry, roti, cucumber raita (R70), grilled prawn salad, ginger and lime (R70), salt & pepper squid, wild rocket and sweet chilli (R50) and smoked salmon, potato rosti and crème fraiche (R55). Yum!
4. Enjoy bubbles at any time, so order a glass to go with our artisanal cheese selection, green fig preserve, roasted nuts and crackers (R120), which is on all our menus.
5. Deluxe Afternoon Tea for one includes traditional and savoury scones, a selection of finger sandwiches and irresistible sweet treats served with a glass of sparkling wine and either loose-leaf tea or coffee (R180).
What food do you love with bubbles or do you prefer yours bubbles with nothing at all.
copyright © Cape Grace 2013