Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, we cannot believe 2014 is moving at such a rapid speed!
Cape Town delivers such amazing views and outdoor areas which can be enjoyed, and with Valentine’s Day being celebrated on a Friday (and the weekend), the outdoors are a perfect way to enjoy this special day!
Below we have listed the Top 5 Outdoor Activities for Valentine’s Day:
1. Picnic: Lucky for us, Cape Town offers amazing outdoor picnic areas. With beaches, forests and parks found all over the city, you are sure to find the perfect spot to celebrate your love! The Stellenbosch slow food market will be dedicating their market to the day of Love by adding a bunch of beautiful roses to each picnic basket purchased. (Inclusive of some Bubbly)!! Contact them on Tel: +27 (0) 21 886 8514 / Email: email@example.com
2. Lion’s Head Hike: The Lion’s Head hike is something each and every Capetonian as well as tourist must experience. Although it can be hard work – dependant on your fitness levels – the views really makes up for all the huffing and puffing! It’s absolutely incredible and what a more romantic spot for a morning smoothie or sun downer? Lion’s Head is situated between Table Mountain and Signal Hill.
3. Table Mountain: Being the 7th Wonder of the world and loved by so many, Table Mountain’s Cableway is one of your bucket-list items and with their sunset specials it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day!
4. Walk on the Promenade: It’s complimentary, it’s safe and the views are incredible. The Sea point Promenade – with its new walkway – is a must, either early morning of late afternoon. The sun really shows off during these times!
5. 2.5/5km run on the V&A Waterfront Route: With its recent route being announced, we took it upon ourselves to experience and I can assure you, it really is lovely! Start at Cape Grace and walk/run through the entire waterfront passing sea views, The Grand Beach Café and the Two Oceans Aquarium! It’s complimentary to all participants.
Do you like the Outdoors? Tell us about your favourite spots!
copyright © Cape Grace 2016