We have over 40 swimming spots around the Cape Peninsula, but here are our Top 5 less frequented places to escape to and enjoy a refreshing dip:
- Zandvlei: Bet you never thought of swimming in this lovely estuary that starts at Muizenberg and creates the Zandvlei Nature Reserve? Its water is tested monthly and is very healthy. Bring the whole family and launch a boat from any slipway in Marina da Gama for a fun day out on the water.
- Silvermine Reservoir: There’s nothing more refreshing than a dip in this cool mountain water at the top of Ou Kaapse Weg… Especially after a hike!
- Bakoven Beach: Tucked away out of the mainstream Atlantic strip, this is a special little spot. Surrounded by boulders, it’s the ideal spot to take a book and enjoy some time out.
- Windmill Beach: Visible from the road a little way past Boulders outside Simon’s Town, the sea’s often so blue here that it looks like a Greek island poster. Pack that picnic and plan a day trip here when you need to get out of town.
- Glen Beach: The water may be cold but the beach is ultra-soft in this cove next to Camp’s Bay beach. When the surf’s up there’s lots of action to watch, too!
What are your favourite away-from-the-crowd swimming spots?