For a flower-filled day out, there is an abundance of small town wildflower festivals in late August and September 2012:
1. Hopefield Fynbos Show runs from 23-26 August
2. The Clanwilliam Wild Flower Show is between 24-31 August.
3. Shelly Point has a Flower Power Festival on 26 August
4. The 95th Darling Wildflower Show is from 14-16 Sept
5. The Cape Horticultural Society’s Flower & Garden Show in Constantia takes place on 1 September.
Look out for our post on 20 August telling you exactly where to go for the best west coast wildflower displays and here’s a reminder of what we wrote about spring flower festivals last year.
Are you going in search of spring flowers? Where’s your favourite spot?