Is your hairstyle in a rut? It’s time to jazz things up a bit with hair adornments and plaits, so try our top five summer hairstyles as advised by Cape Grace’s hair stylist, Sioux Le Grange:
1. Braids: Braids are everywhere this season with the long fishtail totally in, or thin braids using pieces from the underneath section of your hair so they peek out and add interest to a low ponytail or bun.
2. Beachy Waves: Curls and waves are always in for summer because they are a great way to work with the natural texture of your hair. The whole point of this hairstyle is not to overdo it. All summer hairstyles are about simplicity and staying away from blow dryers and heat styling tools.
3. Bright Highlights: Colour is in this season, from hot pink lips to neon nail polish and mermaid-red hair dye. Instead of taking the plunge with an all-over permanent colour, try adding bright highlights or streaks in shades of blue, purple, pink, and red. I recommend Manic Panic hair dyes because the colours are so bright and the products are animal-friendly.
4. Feathers: Feathers are a new hair trend clipped into the hair and left dangling or fixed onto a headband, making it a very casual look or good enough for the red carpet.
5. Flowers: Flowers are making a comeback and while the feather trend is likely to continue into the autumn and winter, flowers are most appropriate for summer, so take full advantage of this feminine look while you can.
To book an appointment for a style consultation with Sioux, call the Spa at Cape Grace on +27 21 410 7140.