1) Treat him to a delicious 3 course Father’s Day lunch at Signal Restaurant for only R240 per person – and you could win a whisky tasting at Bascule for 2 people to the value of R350! Alternatively if you feel like something a bit more relaxed, why not take him to Bascule where they’ll be serving up a Beef Pie and &Union ale at R120 per person?
2) Head off to the Vodacom Funny Festival and treat him to the best stand-up comedy this winter! It is Cape Town’s largest comedy event, and will take place at the Baxter Theatre from 13th June to 10th July 2011. Featuring both local and international stand-up comedians and specialty acts, this festival is the only comedy event in Cape Town to be awarded the Cape of Greats insignia.
3) Give the adrenalin experience of a lifetime and take your dad for a memorable and exciting experience on the world’s fastest commercial boat ride. Travelling at high speeds, you are guaranteed a hefty dose of adrenaline and fun, reaching speeds of up to 100km/h. During this hour long action-packed trip you will discover the splendor of Granger Bay, Sea Point and Bantry Bay, with a stop at Clifton and Camps Bay to catch your breath.
4) Take a drive out to the Winelands and start the day off with a relaxing brunch, followed by a slow meander through the wine farms stopping off for a wine tasting here and there.
5) Enjoy a scenic vintage sidecar tour around the Peninsula! Depart from Cape Town around the back of Table Mountain and head through the beautiful suburbs of Newlands, Constantia and Bishopscourt towards the eastern-seaboard of the Peninsula.
Tell us about your Father’s Day plans by leaving a comment below.