Here are the top ways in which you can mark the day a little differently:
1. Instead of taking her a potted plant or bunch of flowers, buysomething longer lasting and present it to her already planted in the garden.
2. Look through your digital photographs and get some family pictures printed and framed, or set them up as wallpaper on Mom’s computer.
3. Executive Chef, Malika van Reenen’s ‘Fresh and Floral’ Mother’s Day menu is bursting with delicious texture, taste and colour. This 3-course menu is on offer at Signal Restaurant for R275 per adult and R150 per child (under the age of 12) and is sure to please mum’s taste buds!
4. What’s the bet you or your Mum have never been on the Water Taxi through the V&A Waterfront? Take Mom on this delightfully alternative way of seeing the Waterfront from a different angle.
5. Bake…yes bake what she likes best; almond biscuits, carrot cake, chocolate brownies (you can cheat if you must, but make it classy with a Melissa’s ready-mix). If you can’t cook, then simply bring her to Cape Grace for our delectable Sugar & Bubbles Buffet (unlimited items from the sugar buffet with a glass of Graham Beck rosé – R110).