1. 23 Aug: Nedbank Cape Winemakers Guild Auction Showcase at CTICC. Preview wines crafted exclusively for the Nedbank Cape Winemakers Guild Auction and sample exceptional wines with a creative edge and great diversity of styles in an informal and interactive environment. There is also a silent auction of rare wines in aid of the Guild’s Development Trust.
2. 1 Sep: Overberg Food Markets: Elgin, Napier, Greyton, Stanford, Hermanus Country Market and Hermanuspietersfontein Food & Wine Market.
3. 1 Sep: McGregor Food and Wine Festival is the most fun, affordable and least pretentious of any food and wine fest, with local winemakers and village restauranteurs, chefs and caterers tempting you with fare ranging from rustic to topnotch, trad to trendy.
4. 1 & 2 Sep: Franschhoek Uncorked is the towns’ excuse for a spring party focussing on exciting new local vintages plus a string of special events for visitors.
5. 3 & 4 Sep: Toffie Food Festival and Conference in Cape Town City Hall includes workshops, food tastings, food exhibitions and a cookbook shop as well as a food market.