1. The guest signing the registration card upon check-in, warrants that he is duly authorised to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible (“his Party”) to these Conditions of Residence and, failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself and his Party at the Cape Grace.
2. The guest and each of his Party agrees to pay no later than the time of his departure the room rate as determined by the Cape Grace for the period of residence, the cost of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to such residence together with VAT (if applicable) incurred by the guest and his Party during their stay in the Cape Grace. Periodic payments must be made if the account exceeds the credit limit designated by the Cape Grace, and accounts are payable upon presentation.
3. A certificate from Cape Grace’s manager prima facie shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and his Party and of the particulars therein for all purposes including any actions instituted by the Cape Grace against the guest and/or his Party.
4. The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his Party that it is a condition of his/their residence at the Cape Grace that neither the Cape Grace, its landlord, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Cape Grace.
Rates quoted are:
- Per room per night
- Inclusive of full breakfast
- Quoted in South African Rands (ZAR)
- Subject to change without prior notice
- Inclusive of 15% VAT (subject to change)
- Inclusive of the tourism levy of 1% per room per night (subject to change)
- Breakfast charge is non-refundable
- Service charge is discretionary
- Cheques are not accepted unless prior arrangements have been made with management
- Rooms face the yacht basin or harbour, requests can be made but cannot be guaranteed
- All rooms and suites at Cape Grace are non-smoking.
- An initial cleaning fee of R 3,500 will be levied against the guests bedroom account in the instance that the policy is not adhered to. In severe instances, additional accommodation charges may be applied.
- Check in time is 14h00
- Check out time is 12h00
- It is recommended that reservations be made prior to arrival for our restaurant, Signal and the Spa at Cape Grace, as these venues are very popular.
- Airport transfers can be arranged at an additional charge on request. A cancellation fee will be applicable should a transfer be cancelled within 4 hours prior to collection time.
- The South African government requires that you have two blank pages opposite each other in your passport.
- Child sharing policy and costs are specific to the age of the child and room category booked.
- Children are accommodated on a sofa bed or rollaway bed.
- Children breakfast charge: 0-2yrs = no charge, ZAR 245 (2019).
Minimum Requirements and Cancellation Policy
- All Rooms: Unless stated otherwise, a cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied if accommodation is cancelled 7 days or less prior to the booked arrival date.
- All Suites and Apartments: A cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied if accommodation is cancelled 28 days or less prior to the booked arrival date.
- In the event of a no-show, or should you not arrive on the stated arrival date, a cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied.
- Should guests depart earlier than the stated departure date, a cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied.
Festive Peak 18 Dec 2019 – 05 Jan 2020 inclusive
- An initial non-refundable deposit equal to one night’s accommodation and levy to be paid within 14 days of confirmation.
- The balance of the payment is due by 31 August.
- For cancellations received – forfeit 1st night’s deposit. A full cancellation fee will apply if accommodation is cancelled from 1 October onwards.
Festive Peak 18 Dec 2020 – 05 Jan 2021 inclusive
- Between the period 18 Dec 2020 – 05 Jan 2021 inclusive, a minimum length of stay of three consecutive nights will be applicable.
- Should all or part of the stay fall within the specified festive period, the festive cancellation terms will be applied to the full duration of the booking.
- Festive Peak pre-payment policy as follows – applicable to stays that fall within the specified period.
- 1st night’s non-refundable deposit due within 14 days of booking confirmation; 31 July 2020 – balance of prepayment due
- Festive Peak cancellation policy as follows – applicable to stays that fall within the specified period.
- For cancellations received in the period from booking confirmation until – 31 August 2020 – forfeit 1st night’s deposit
- For cancellations / modifications received from 1 Sept 2019 onwards, full (100%) cancellation will be applicableFestive Peak 18 Dec 2020 – 05 Jan 2021 inclusive
Mining Indaba 03 – 08 Feb 2020 inclusive
- Bookings are on a request basis only and no allocations are offered over these dates.
- No name changes are allowed on confirmed bookings.
- In the instance a booking is released, the room will be returned to the hotel’s inventory in order to offer to waitlisted guests. Not for re-sale by the booking agent.
- No promotional discounts or long stay overrides apply during this period.
- In the event of a “No Show”, the hotel will bill the booking agent with a cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay.
- In the event of an Early departure, the hotel will bill the booking agent for the full stay.
- Mining Indaba pre-payment and cancellation policy as follows – applicable to stays that fall within the specified period:
- 1st night’s non-refundable deposit due by 30 November;
- For cancellations / modifications received 30 days or less prior to arrival, full (100%) cancellation will be applicable
*2021 Mining Indaba dates to be advised.
This policy was last updated on the 10 April 2019.