1. The guest signing the registration card upon check-in, warrants that he is duly authorised to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible (“his Party”) to these Conditions of Residence and, failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself and his Party at the Cape Grace.
2. The guest and each of his Party agrees to pay no later than the time of his departure the room rate as determined by the Cape Grace for the period of residence, the cost of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to such residence together with VAT (if applicable) incurred by the guest and his Party during their stay in the Cape Grace. Periodic payments must be made if the account exceeds the credit limit designated by the Cape Grace, and accounts are payable upon presentation.
3. A certificate from Cape Grace’s manager prima facie shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and his Party and of the particulars therein for all purposes including any actions instituted by the Cape Grace against the guest and/or his Party.
4. The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his Party that it is a condition of his/their residence at the Cape Grace that neither the Cape Grace, its landlord, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Cape Grace.
Rates quoted are:
- Per room per night
- Inclusive of full breakfast
- Quoted in South African Rands (ZAR)
- Subject to change without prior notice
- Inclusive of 15% VAT (subject to change)
- Inclusive of the tourism levy of 1% per room per night (subject to change)
- Breakfast charge is non-refundable
- Service charge is discretionary
- Cheques are not accepted unless prior arrangements have been made with management
- Rooms face the yacht basin or harbour, requests can be made but cannot be guaranteed
- All rooms and suites at Cape Grace are non-smoking.
- An initial cleaning fee of R 3,500 will be levied against the guests bedroom account in the instance that the policy is not adhered to. In severe instances, additional accommodation charges may be applied.
- Check in time is 14h00
- Check out time is 12h00
- It is recommended that reservations be made prior to arrival for our restaurant, Signal and the Spa at Cape Grace, as these venues are very popular.
- Airport transfers can be arranged at an additional charge on request. A cancellation fee will be applicable should a transfer be cancelled within 4 hours prior to collection time.
- The South African government requires that you have two blank pages opposite each other in your passport.
- Child sharing policy and costs are specific to the age of the child and room category booked.
- Children are accommodated on a sofa bed or rollaway bed.
- Children breakfast charge: 0-2yrs = no charge, ZAR 245 (2019).
A cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied if accommodation is cancelled 7 days or less prior to the booked arrival date.
All suites and apartments: A cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied if accommodation is cancelled 28 days or less prior to the booked arrival date.
Contracted and Negotiated Rates: A cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied if accommodation is cancelled 28 days or less prior to the booked arrival date.
In the event of a no-show, or should you not arrive on the stated arrival date, a cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied.
Should guests depart earlier than the stated departure date, a cancellation fee equivalent to the full stay will be applied.
Festive Season 2019
(18 December to 05 January)
An initial non-refundable deposit equal to one night’s accommodation and levy to be paid within 14 days of confirmation. The balance of the payment is due by 31 August.
For cancellations received – forfeit 1st night’s deposit. A full cancellation fee will apply if accommodation is cancelled from 1 October onwards.
This policy was last updated on the January 2019.
In the event that you need to contact Cape Grace for purposes related to these Terms and Conditions, please use the contacts at the top of this page.